Originally, water sprayed up from the center of both reservoir through “ugly, black iron pipes.” In April 1889 these were replaced by 5-foot-high, bronze-colored zinc figures of Hebe – goddess of youth and spring and cupbearer of the gods – holding a pitcher and cup. These were removed a decade later when the reservoirs were covered. On the right is an eight-sided watchman’s shelter. The large frame structure, centermost, an office for fairground officials, was removed around 1887.